A rural Parish Council, with 13 Councillors representing some 5000 households in Hadlow, Kent. The Council owns and / or maintains; two recreation grounds with play areas, a cemetery, allotments, cricket ground, two community halls, a closed churchyard and runs a community minibus scheme.
The Role/job brief
The Parish Council is recruiting for a Deputy Clerk to be based at the Parish Office open to the public at designated times. This is a key role that requires energy, enthusiasm and commitment. The person appointed will have a can-do, flexible approach, be both a team player and able to work on their own without close supervision, showing initiative when required. The successful applicant will have strong communication and literacy skills as well as a very good IT skill set.
This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to work at the centre of a community focused organisation.
The role of the Deputy Clerk will primarily be:
- To assist, support and deputise for the Clerk in all aspects of the day-to-day management and operation of services and resources, in line with relevant laws and statutory obligations to ensure compliance.
- Assist the Clerk in the monitoring and control of the Council’s Day to day financial records and accounts.
- To issue notices, prepare agendas and minutes for various Council committees, to clerk occasional evening meetings and undertake follow up work as required.
- To support committees, subgroups and member initiatives as required.
- To review, prepare and update policies and procedures.
The job is very varied with no two days being the same.
Training will be provided to the post-holder, with opportunities for continuing professional development in many areas.
The role is part time with flexible working with anticipated hours 20-24 hours per week. (days and hours to be discussed and agreed between successful applicant and Council).
The Council will appoint between LC1, SP15 and LC2 SP23 on the NJC scale (£12.45 to £14.67 per hour dependent upon experience). If applicable the employee will be auto enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme.
Apply using the application form above and send to Hadlow Parish Council, Parish Office, Old School Hall, Hadlow, Kent, TN11 0EH or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 28th September 2023.