Amazon Prime Scam still active
We have, again, had reports of residents receiving telephone calls impersonating Amazon Prime, telling victims their subscription will be ‘renewed’ for £39.99
How it works
- You get an automated call.
- You are told your Amazon Prime account is to be renewed for £39.99.
- You are told to press button 1 to renew.
What to do
- End the telephone call – this is a scam.
- Visit the Amazon Help pages for more information and scams affecting Amazon.
- Please also note that Amazon will never ask for your personal information, or ask you to make a payment outside of their website (e.g. via bank transfer, emailing credit card details, etc).
- Report the scam to Action Fraud 0300 123 2040 or online.
- Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
DOORSTEP CRIME IS FINANCIAL ABUSE
Help us prevent vulnerable people from becoming victims of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Watch the video and learn to spot the signs of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Please help to protect your family members, neighbours and friends.
We know doorstep criminals tell us our roof tiles are loose, our chimney stacks are dangerous, our trees are diseased and our driveways need jet washing.
Help keep your community safe. Report doorstep criminals as soon as you see them or tell your local Community Warden or Police Officer.
Even if you’re not sure if they are a criminal tell us anyway, we want to know. Report it.