Telephone Scam Alert!
We have had a report of a Kent resident being called by a company claiming to be a domestic appliance warranty provider ‘Domestic and General’.
- You are cold-called by telephone
- The criminal knows your name, address and information on the items covered by the warranty
- If you say that they are not your warranty provider they then attempt to unnerve you by saying they will cancel your policy
What to do
- Hang up
- Call your warranty provider, if you have one, on the number on your paperwork to check if you have concerns
- Find out more on the Domestic and General scam
- More advice and to report to Action Fraud
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Help us prevent vulnerable people from becoming victims of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Watch the video and learn to spot the signs of doorstep crime and financial abuse. Please help to protect your family members, neighbours and friends.
We know doorstep criminals tell us our roof tiles are loose, our chimney stacks are dangerous, our trees are diseased and our driveways need jet washing.
Help keep your community safe. Report doorstep criminals as soon as you see them or tell your local Community Warden or Police Officer.
Even if you’re not sure if they are a criminal tell us anyway, we want to know.
Help keep your community safe. Report doorstep criminals as soon as you see them or tell your local Community Warden:
East Peckham and Hadlow